What do we do with our pumpkins after Halloween? See below.
The children enjoyed learning through a fun-filled, hands-on project. They worked hard, and it showed.
- Children were able to recognize the shape and relative size of each continent.
- Children were able to learn their locations with reference to the Prime Meridian and equator.
- Children defined latitude and longitude.
- We discussed animals found on each continent and why.
- We discussed the human and physical features of each continent.
- Children traced and cut shapes of continents. They taped the shapes onto a painted pumpkin.
- They traced each shape, then painted each continent.
Define: globe, continent, plain, border, latitude, longitude, Prime Meridian/Date Line, Equator, grasslands, desert